I have to confess…I have made these tasty little treats the past two days. Don’t worry, I didn’t eat them all myself. In fact, I barely ate any and gave them all away. Let’s just say, they are a big hit with all!!! Everyone loves these so much, that I decided to share the recipe with you. What are they, you ask? Sweet Potato Oatmeal Muffins. Mmmmmmm. Not only are there minimal ingredients in these “sweet” little treats, but they are super easy to throw together. So, let’s not waste anymore time, here is the recipe. As always, I don’t really measure and often stray slightly from the actual recipe, but I will give you the base along with some of my adaptations, and you can make whichever version you wish. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!! As always, eat well and be merry:)
Sweet Potato Oatmeal Muffins (Adapted from Slimming Eats)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 large sweet potato, about 1 cup mashed
- pumpkin puree*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8-10 dates, pits removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 banana*
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- mini chocolate chips*
- shredded coconut, unsweetened*
*These are optional.
**If you add in pumpkin, just make that combined with sweet potato equal about a cup or a little more
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Cook sweet potato in microwave until soft and cooked through. Remove, cut open and allow to cool slightly.
- 3. Place oats, spices, baking powder, baking soda in a food processor (I use the NutriBullet) and pulse a few times. Pour in a mixing bowl.
- 4. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the sweet potato and stir into the oat mixture.
- 5. Add water and dates to the food processor and pulse a few times. Add in banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs, and pulse to combine mixture. Stir into the oat and sweet potato mixture until combined.
- 6. Evenly spoon the mixture into a 24 mini muffin baking pan. Top with mini chocolate chips and/or coconut (or toppings of choice). Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7. Enjoy