This week, despite a small turnout, a few of us got together for a healthy lunch. Collectively we decided on a Mediterranean theme. This meal was a big hit with all. It was very delicious and something I would absolutely make again. Check out our video and the recipe below:
Mediterranean Zucchini Noodles w/Greek Chicken
3 zucchini, spiralized
garlic, finely minced
4-5 tomatoes, chopped
2 plum tomatoes chopped and blended with a little water and spices
can of artichokes, drained and chopped
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
red pepper flakes
fresh lemon juice
pepper, to taste
thinly sliced basil leaves
Greek Marinated Chicken:
1 cup+ plain Greek yogurt
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
dash of paprika
3.5 lbs chicken breasts cut into tenders or tenders
- Make the marinade for chicken: combine yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, oregano, cumin, and pepper in a bowl. Add some lemon zest and juice from the lemon. Stir to combine. Stir in some chopped parsley.
- Add the chicken pieces to a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Top with marinade. Zip tight, getting as much air out as possible. Massage bag to cover chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spiralize the zucchini into a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add in garlic and saute about a minute. Add in the chopped tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the feta and basil and simmer for a bit.
- Grill the chicken (can use a grill pan as well). When cooked through, remove and dice up.
- In bowls, divide up the zucchini noodles. Top with a scoop of the sauce, chicken, feta cheese, basil.